Bewegen Lagoa is designed to provide all users with a seamless cycling experience
Become a member and use the Bewegen bikes regularly.
Choose your membership type and enroll.
Become a member
Want to use Bewegen regularly? Choose your membership type and enroll here. Expect to find a membership card in your mailbox in a few days. You can activate the membership card on the website or begin using the system immediately with the Bewegen Mobile App.
Want to use Bewegen occasionally? You have two options:
- Find one of our on-street station kiosk locations and follow the subscription steps. With a simple credit card payment you will be issued a temporary card providing you with access to Hourly Rental or a Deluxe Visitor Pass.
- Download the Bewegen Mobile App and follow the subscription steps. Your phone will then give you direct access to Hourly Rental or a Deluxe Visitor Pass.
RENT A BEWEGEN BIKE
Walk to a station, choose your Bewegen Lagoa bike, and unlock it with your membership card or the Bewegen Mobile App.
Walk to a station, and choose your Bewegen bike.
Ride through Lagoa and explore its surroundings, then return the bike to any docking station when you are finished. The first 60 minutes of every ride is included in all Residents Subscriptions. The first 60 minutes of every ride is included in every Deluxe Visitor Pass.
Unlocking your Bewegen Bike
Tap your Bewegen card on the screen located between the handlebars, or gain access directly on the Mobile App.
Follow the on-screen instructions and the bike will unlock. You are now free to enjoy your ride!
PEDAL AND RIDE
As you enjoy your ride, use the convenient bike screen to keep an eye on your rental time. The secondary lock can be used on regular bike racks for any quick stops you need to make along the way.
Keep an eye on the rental time.
The first 60 minutes of each ride is included in all Residents Subscriptions. The first 60 minutes of each ride is included in all Deluxe Visitor Passes. Overtime Charges are as follows for all types of membership (Residents Subscriptions, Hourly Rental and Deluxe Visitor Pass):
- Each Additional 30 Minutes + € 3.00
- Keep an eye on the clock or the timer on the bike to return the Bewegen bike accordingly.
Want to run an errand? You can use the secondary lock for a quick stop.
When you’re ready, park your Bewegen bike, place the lock in its slot and wait for the locking signal to turn on.
The Bewegen bike will still be rented under your name and the timer continues to run until you return it to a docking station.
To unlock, tap your membership card on the identified section of the bike screen or use your Mobile App.
You can then continue to ride.
RETURN YOUR BEWEGEN BIKE
Choose any station and park your Bewegen bike in the dock. When you see the “docked bike” indication appear on the bike screen or hear the return sound, you have properly returned your bike.
Choose any station and park your Bewegen Bike
When you see the “docked bike” indication appear on the bike screen or hear the return sound, you have properly returned your bike.
When you’re ready for your next ride, go to any station and do it again. It’s easy as 1, 2, 3.
What if all the docks at the station are full?
When docking stations are full, you have two options to return your bike:
- Our technology recognizes when stations are full, and you can use the station kiosk to request free additional time and move to another station. Simply tap your membership card on the kiosk card reader and follow the on-screen steps. You will be given 30 additional minutes at no charge to park at a new station.
- You can also contact us at + 351 965 515 286 to create a virtual space at your current location and dock your bike using the secondary lock. To do this, simply activate the bike’s secondary lock by placing the lock in its slot. The bike screen and sound will indicate that the bike has been locked. When the secondary lock is used in a virtual zone near the station, the Bewegen bike is considered returned and your rental will end.
The Bewegen Lagoa system is a network of 20 Pedelec (electric assist) bicycles and 3 stations, conveniently placed to service the magnificent region of Algarve. Residents and visitors have access to our system every day, for the whole year. Having access to a bike has never been easier, with simple payment solutions and membership offers available online, through our Mobile App, and directly at the kiosks.
Check out how we’re doing. Everyone is invited to use our data to analyze and study the positive impacts Bewegen lagoa is having on the municipality of Lagoa. Together, we can improve the vibrancy, connectivity, and livability across the Algarve region!